Mindfulness and how to be helpful to your student!

I have been really studying how to be a more mindful person in my career and life! Yesterday was a great reminder to take a moment to just watch and take in what was going on around me. I gave the students an activity this week to do research on a bat of their choice and to my surprise they were pumped!! They wanted no help and were just chatting away about their bats habitats, size, special features, etc. Watching their enthusiasm to learn and listening to their conversations was incredibly encouraging. Sometimes just listening to their words and not try to fix anything or help them is what they truly need, just like we do as adults. The point of this post is a friendly reminder to sometimes just take a moment to stop and listen and watch. Don't help, talk or engage. Just take it all in and enjoy the moment!!






Comments

Popular Posts